This Statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are regulated under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation and under Irish data protection laws (together the “Applicable Laws”) and we are responsible for the personal data we collect about you as a ‘Controller’.
Who We Are
We are Boxever Ltd T/A Boxever with offices at 2A Ashford House, Tara Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. We are part of the Boxever group of companies with offices at locations around the world. When we refer to “Boxever”, “we”or “us” in this Privacy Statement, we are referring to Boxever Ltd.
Boxever is a technology company with a Customer Intelligence Cloud for CRM and marketing departments that enables them to connect customer, product and operational data to enable true 1:1 personalization.
Our data protection contact for the purpose of the Applicable Laws is email@example.com.
Information We Collect
- Log Data
As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Website and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data. We use such information for system administration, to analyse trends and to improve user experience.
- Device Information
Boxever collects information about devices accessing the Website, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location Information
We receive information from you and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Boxever may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
How We Collect Information
In our normal business operations, you may give us information by:
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our services or to submit a question, suggestion or comment in relation to boxever.com (our Site) or our services.
- Filling in forms on our Site such as the ‘Contact Us’ form or when downloading whitepapers and requesting further information about our services.
- Interacting with us using social media.
- Engaging with us at trade shows or other events. Prospective customers supply us with information which may include employee contact details; a contact name; email; business address or telephone number.
- Expressing interest in our services. We may receive your name, contact details, position and the type of information you would like to receive from us.
- Interacting with us as our customer: Customers supply us with log-ins for our Customers’ employees, contractors, agents to use our services (username and password), the content of support requests and billing payment details.
- Becoming a supplier to our company: We may receive personal data through the sign-up process or through interacting with your service or staff.
- Investing in our company. We may collect information about you in order to provide you with information on your investment or to comply with statutory obligations to process information about investors.
In addition, Boxever processes data on our platform on behalf of our customers. This is in accordance with the data processing agreement agreed with our Customers.
Why We Collect Information
We collect information in order to provide you with our services, to market our services, to liaise with our suppliers, to improve our Site and to recruit staff.
We may use this information:
- To set your company up as a client on our systems
- To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you
- To set your company up as a supplier to our company
- To manage our relationship with you (for example customer support activities)
- To create a candidate profile for you if you are a prospective employee
- To administer and improve our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure
- To deliver information about our products and services
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may interest you
- To administer and keep proper records of your investment in our company
We use aggregated data as a statistical measure and not in a manner that identifies you personally. Aggregated data enables us to determine how often certain parts of our Website or our Services are used so that we can improve them. We may make use of, or make such aggregated data available to, third parties, in any manner in our sole discretion. We may engage third parties to track and analyse usage and volume statistical information from Site visitors.
The Legal Bases for Processing Your Data
- That you have provided consent for the processing, for example when you subscribe to our newsletter.
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as the requirement to keep proper accounting records.
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests which we pursue in demand generation for our services, providing you with quotes and proposals about our services prior to contract where such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your information.
When We Share Information
We may share your information with our selected suppliers and contractors to provide you with our services. For example, these business partners may include our hosting provider, our email provider, our Banking, Accounting and our storage service providers.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers, suppliers & our employees will be one of the transferred assets.
- As part of a project with other companies in the Boxever Group of companies or in order to provide support to our customers, suppliers & employees in a time zone that better suits their needs.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your Personal Data with any member of the Boxever group of companies.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
Below is a table of third parties with whom we may share your data:
|Third Parties||Services Performed|
|Amazon Web Services, Inc.||Hosting & Data Storage|
|Atlassian Pty Ltd||Collaboration Tools|
|Bank of Ireland Group||Banking Activity|
|Boxever Nominee Ltd||Subsidiary|
|Boxever UK Ltd||Subsidiary|
|Boxever US Inc||Subsidiary|
|Byrne Curtin Kelly Ltd||Management Accounts|
|Cirrus Path Inc||Email Processing & Analytics|
|Citrix Systems UK Ltd||File Sharing Software|
|Cyclone Couriers Limited||Delivery Services & Document Shredding|
|Dependent on business needs recruitment agencies will vary||Recruitment Services|
|Dropbox International Unlimited Company||Secure File Storage & Sharing|
|Google Inc||Google G Suite Desktop Applications|
|HubSpot Inc||Cloud-based Marketing Software Platform|
|Independent Travel Consultants Ltd||Travel Supplier|
|LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company||Online Professional Network|
|Mailgun Technologies, Inc||Application Email Tracking|
|Mailjet SAS||Cloud-based Email Management|
|Microsoft Corporation||Microsoft Office Suite|
|Pagerduty Inc||Incident Management Software|
|Salesforce.com Sarl||Sales CRM|
|Stanley Davis Group Limited||Management Accounts UK|
|SVB Financial Group||Banking Activity|
|Vhi Healthcare Ltd||Health Insurance|
Period of Information Retention
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Where we no longer need your personal information we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without notifying you).
Transfer of Information Outside the European Union or European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliate companies or agents, and also to third parties, which may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By providing your personal information to us, you understand that it may be transferred, stored or processed outside the EEA. In such case, we will ensure all the recipients of your information located outside the EEA have entered into a contractual arrangement with us, which protects your personal information whenever it is transferred outside the EEA.
Automated Decision-Making & Profiling
We use automated decision-making/profiling in the administration of our Sales & Marketing relationships. Based on preferences expressed through forms or observed on our Website we use a scoring system to increase the relevancy of any Sales & Marketing content that we send.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
- The right to have us erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing personal data about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that personal data to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local Supervisory Authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commissioner. The website is www.dataprotection.ie.
Some cookies are associated with your account and personal information in order to identify your preferences and pre-fill form data. Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to carry out analytics and customization.
Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit our Site, remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that’s consistent with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions faster and more secure.
Cookie Categories & Uses
If you have previously visited our Site, cookies help us show you the right information and personalize your experience.
- Preferences, Features & Services
Cookies can tell us which language you prefer and what your communications preferences are. They can help you fill out forms on our Site more easily. They also provide you with features, insights, and customized content.
- Performance, Analytics & Research
- Third Party Cookies
Changes to Privacy & Cookies Policies
This policies may change from time to time. Any changes will be posted on our Site and will be effective when posted. Please review this notice each time you use our Site or our services. This notice was last updated on May 24, 2018.